Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Karan Johar: Everything is Good with Shah Rukh

Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar’s friendship is known to have stood the
test of time, egos and stardom. Yet, the two made news recently with a report suggesting that the filmmaker turned down the actor’s invitation on New Year’s Eve (for dinner at
SRK’s Dubai home in Palm Jumeirah). The filmmaker, just back from
Dubai, reacts, calling the report “completely rubbish”.
Karan reasons, “I was in downtown Dubai while Shah Rukh was in Palm Jumeirah. We were busy in our corners of the city. And anyone
who knows Dubai well can vouch for the fact that it’s a nightmare to travel from downtown Dubai to Palm Jumeirah (on New Year’s Eve).
The area is cordoned off for the elaborate fireworks display.”
Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan at an event. Besides logistical issues, Karan also says that not all his plans revolve around Shah Rukh and his family. “I haven’t celebrated New Year with
SRK and family in three years, but till date, no one bothered to ask me. I wonder why I’m suddenly being
questioned,” Karan says.
Karan insists that “everything is fine” between SRK and himself. “They (the Khans) are family to me, and their house in Dubai is my house. I
don’t need an invite to go there. This time, I had gone (to Dubai) with friends like Manish (Malhotra) and Niranjan (Iyengar). So I’m surprised to read such conjectures in papers,”
says the filmmaker. Karan also says that the Khans knew of his plans and he was in constant touch with Gauri
Khan before they left for Dubai. “We spend 360 days in a year with each other anyway. Also, Shah Rukh and Gauri’s New Year celebrations were largely meant for the kids (the children of Boney Kapoor- Sridevi,
Chunkey and Bhavna Pandey, and Sanjay and Maheep Kapoor were also present along with their parents). Shah Rukh tweeted that he played soccer with Suhana till 5 am on the beach. Am I expected to go and play football? It’s a very silly thing,” Karan says.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment